Assets not show up after a git clone/pull

• I am trying to do a git clone a set of jsreport server from local to remote ubuntu.
    Everything goes fine but only the assets folder does not works fines.
    The file structure a like below(I have checked the remote side does the same thing):
    alt text
    The remote side showed the same structure too.
    alt text

However, when I tried to access to the remote site client app(port 5488 one)
    the assets folder does not show any files, which makes the generated report not showing as expected(or directly dead because cannot get access to the correct assets)
    alt text

Is there are any method to make the uploaded assets shown up in the remote right after a git clone/git pull?

• Hi,

what is your jsreport version, so I can try to replicate?
    What happens if you manually copy the data folder to your remote server and restart jsreport?
    Do you see the assets? If yes, can you try to compare this approach with the git pull? How the full-text compare of all files looks like?

• Thanks for your reply.
    >what is your jsreport version, so I can try to replicate?
    Version 2.1.1 of jsreport is installed on both remote and local.
    >What happens if you manually copy the data folder to your remote server and restart jsreport? Do you see the assets?
    I tried manually copy the data folder to my remote server and restarted the application, but they still remains invisible under the assets in 5488(but visible in the ubuntu ls -l command).
    In fact, there are only 1-way for me to add assets successfully so far in the assets folder(in 5488),
    which is using the plus sign to add each files.

But I am wondering if there are any alternative ways to place all the assets right after I cloned the whole project into it.
    Many thanks for your suggestion ;)

• I cannot replicate this. This works for me on 2.1.1.
    I can normally copy the assets folder, restart jsreport and I see them in the studio.
    Can you try this just with empty jsreport and some kind of "hello.txt" asset? Maybe there is something wrong with your assets.
    Also, try this just on your local PC, maybe there is something wrong with the encoding or with permissions on your remote server.

• I made a clean jsreport on my local and do it again.
    Everything works as expected...
    So I tried to delete all my node_modules(Including the jsreportapp folder), and run the npm install again, everything is fine now.
    I don't know what's the magic, but it is now OK.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.