How many licenses do I need?

• My team is trying to understand how many licenses we need for Jsreport.net. I'm trying to confirm that we will only need one enterprise license. If we use the product we intend to put it in several environments, but the only users in the software will be developers.

We need to install the product in 3 or 4 non production environments and one production environment. The documents generated from the production environment will be seen and used by non developers, but these people will not be creating any reports themselves.

Is one enterprise license valid for the case I''ve described?
    If we had two production like environments, would we need a second license?

Thanks!

• jsreport is typically part of some more complex system.
    You have typically multiple environments of such a system.
    We distinguish these environments as production/development.
    The production environments need a dedicated enterprise license for each jsreport instance. (doesn't apply for scale license)
    The development doesn't need a license.
    The environment is considered as development when it is accessible just by dev team. Typically nightly builds environments, integration tests, local installations, some internal testing environments...
    The environment is considered as production when it is accessible by users outside dev team - typically real production or UAT.

Is one enterprise license valid for the case I''ve described?

It seems so based on what you write.

If we had two productions like environments, would we need a second license?

Yes

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.