Cannot execute loaded in page JS library nil in page context nor in JSReport context

• Hello,

I want to use the Numeral.JS library to format my numbers in my template. I load the library with a <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/numeral.js/2.0.6/numeral.min.js"> tag in page and the library is fully loaded (when I CTLR+clic on the link in JSReport Studio, the script appears in another tab ot the browser). I gave the properly configuration in jsreport.config.json file to enable external scripts. This library seems to use a factory function to load the 'numeral' function in the page. I checked it in a usual web page with a web server and the 'numeral' function appears and works properly.

I try to use it in JSReport but it doesn't work. I tried to put the script inside the JSReport server side context like this:

function prix(price) {
         if (price != 0) {
              return numeral(1000).value();
         }
    }

But I got this error:

'numeral' not defined

I tried to add in the same context this line ouside of this function:

var numeral = require('numeral');

But I got this error:

cannot found 'numeral' module

even if I ran 'npm install numeral' at the root path of jsreport directory. I tried to put my script in a <script> tag in the page template like:

<div id="test"></div>
    <script>
        var div = document.getElementById('test');
        div.innerHTML += 'Hello! ':
        var num = numeral(1000);
        div.innerHTML += num.value();
    </script>

But the second part of the message didn't appear. When I change my script like:

<div id="test"></div>
    <script>
        var div = document.getElementById('test');
        div.innerHTML += 'Hello! ':
        var num = numeral();
        div.innerHTML += typeof num;
    </script>

I got as result:

Hello! undefined

I read a post in the forum about the distinction between the in page context and the server side context who helped me to understand a bit how jsreport work. But I am stucked. I cannot think that I cannot use an external JS library in a page in JSReport. I probably missing something obvious. I am completely newbie with JSReport (and NodeJS) but not in web programming.

Best regards

• There are two contexts. Templating engine and chrome page evaluation. Both work differently and need a different approach to link the library.

1. Templating engines.
    • allow external lib using for example config "allowLocalFilesAccess":true
    • npm install library
    • in template helpers section do
    const lib = require('libary')
    function myHelper () {
      return lib.foo()
    }

1. chrome page evaluation

This is a normal web page like any other. So you can link script from cdn like

<script src="https://acdn.com/mylibary"></script> 

and then reach it in the global scope

<script>
      myLib()
    </script>

or you can also download the whole js script, upload it as an asset to the jsreport studio and then link it using

<html><head><script>{#asset myAssetName}</script>...

• Hello,

Thank you for your hints. I finally found that jsreport is based on handlebars library and found that handlebars-intl format numbers and currencies with locale. I installed the last one with npm and use the template functions directly inside my page and it works fine.

Best regards

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.