AWS S3 storage can't start server after install

• Hi I have just installed the jsreport-aws-s3-storage extension and altered my jsreport.config.json to the following -

"blobStorage": {
        "provider": "aws-s3-storage"
      },
      "extensions": {
        "authentication": {
          "cookieSession": {
            "secret": "<your strong secret here>"
          },
          "admin": {
            "username": "admin",
            "password": "password"
          },
          "aws-s3-storage": {
            "accessKeyId": "",
            "secretAccessKey": "",
            "bucket": ""
          },
          "enabled": true
        },
        "scripts": {
          "timeout": 40000,
          "strategy": "http-server",
          "allowedModules": ["request", "nodemailer", "nodemailer-ses-transport", "jsreport-proxy"]
        },
        "sample-template": {
          "createSamples": true
        }
      },

Now whenever I start my server using node server.js I get the following error -

2020-02-05T11:01:23.022Z - error: Error when loading extension aws-s3-storage@1.0.0
    Error: accessKeyId must be provided to jsreport-aws-s3-storage
        at Object.module.exports (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-aws-s3-storage/lib/main.js:15:11)
        at Object._useOne (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:194:75)
        at Object._useMany (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:98:20)
        at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
    2020-02-05T11:01:23.023Z - error: Error occured during reporter init Error: Error when loading extension aws-s3-storage@1.0.0
        at Object.module.exports (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-aws-s3-storage/lib/main.js:15:11)
        at Object._useOne (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:194:75)
        at Object._useMany (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:98:20)
        at Object._useOne (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:216:15)
    Error: Error when loading extension aws-s3-storage@1.0.0
        at Object._useOne (/var/www/html/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/extensions/extensionsManager.js:216:15)

If I change my blob storage back to fs instead of aws-s3-storage the server starts perfectly but then it isn't using s3.

Any help is much appreciated. :)

• Do you leave "accessKeyId" as an empty string intentionally? Because you are using AWS IAM roles as credentials ?

• @jan_blaha Yeah sorry i should have mentioned that. All three of those fields have values in my config. If the IAM User doesnt have the correct permission could this be causing that error? I have given the user full access to S3 so I doubt this is the case.

• It seems you have a "typo" in the config. You have aws-s3-storage node inside authentication. It should be at the same level inside extensions.

• @jan_blaha Thank you, I have no idea how i didnt spot that!

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.