MSSql azure setting string

• What is the correct setting string for connectin sql server database to jsreport on azure?
    extensions_mssql_store_uri <-- this one?
    extensions_mssqlStore_uri <- or that one.. since there is a "-" between "mssql-store"

or maybe I should specify more than just uri? Do I then just restart the app and it should hook up by itself?
    How do I sync with sql server? I just think like documentation lacks some more info.
    Do I also need something like
    store_provider: mssql ?

• administrators

hi!

extensions_mssqlStore_uri <- or that one.. since there is a "-" between "mssql-store"

it should be this one, it is explained here

or maybe I should specify more than just uri?
    Do I also need something like store_provider: mssql?

in most cases you just need the uri (in other you need to specifiy more sql options, it depends on your sql instance) and change the store.provider configuration to be mssql in order to use it. description for this is available here and here.

Do I then just restart the app and it should hook up by itself?

yes, after changing store provider and specifying the uri you need to stop your app and start it again in order for it to take the new values.

How do I sync with sql server?

if you specify that store provider should be mssql then jsreport will connect to your mssql instance and use it to store templates and other jsreport entities, so everything will be in sync as long you always use the same database.

how are you specifying these options? are you using configuration file (jsreport.config.json)? or are you specifiying these values with env vars? remember that each source has different ways to specify the values (for example when using configuration file there is no option called store_provider instead you should provide there an object with the shape { "store": { "provider": "mssql" } }) each source has its own constraints which makes the process of specify values a bit different for each of them, all of this is described here

if you have some ideas to improve the information described in the links you are welcome to describe what you think is lacking or looks confusing.

• I deploy it on docker image on azure and been passing those enviroment variables as a settings. So in my case it wasn't that json file.
    I managed to make sql database works after couple of tries and then I wanted to try the blob solution aswell. It seems like I've been getting timedout.
    Sometimes the deploy image with azure-storage worked for 1 minutes and the it kept timed out, and sometimes after restarting it wasnt instantly timed out. Not sure what was going on there. But I just followed the guide. on the 2.1 version

• I would like to know what is timing out.
    I am not an azure web app user. However it should be possible to get the container output logs.
    I think it is something that was accessible from portal ui.
    If not you should be able to connect to the instance with "shell" and run docker logs xxxx I guess.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.