reliability, performance, deployment and fw

• Hello,

I want to use the webserver option to have a self hosted jsreport studio. But I'm worried about the following points:

Realibility of the platform because when I run in local sometimes it runs, sometimes not. Is this problem a common occurrence?

Rendering performance: With the samples sometimes the invoice report give me a timeout exception and is a fairly simple report. The orders report always give me a timeout exception. The performance depends of the machine power? Are there other things that I have to take in consideration (my pc is not the greatest).

Deployment: Maybe this is offtopic, I don't have experience deploying c# apps, I have to run a console project that will run the webserver with jsreport studio? How I change the configuration so it use the production enviorement. I'm not asking for concrete solutions but a head start will be appreciated.

Framework: I don't know if is just my thoughs but the webserver solution works better with .net core. I know that the libraries use .net standard so it shouldn't be a problem using it with full .net.

Thank you for your time

• we use jsreport in our company and i can say that we are very much satisfied. The solution is stable and has a high degree of reliability and performance. You can run a console app to run jsreport server.. There are also several other ways of doing it depending on where you want to host the service.. The best thing do it is to spin the service using a docker container if you are using a cloud service like Azure. Alternatively you might as well just run the npm commands on the server you wish to run jsreport service. The only prerequisite is you need to have node ( > 8.9 ) as of replying to this comment :) I wrote what i think about Jsreport here - you can give it a read and see if this answers your questions -> https://medium.com/@rajkumarb/continuous-integration-for-js-reports-on-azure-appservice-part-1-2a81aa55e06

• Hi,

Realibility of the platform because when I run in local sometimes it runs, sometimes not. Is this problem a common occurrence?

Rendering performance: With the samples sometimes the invoice report give me a timeout exception and is a fairly simple report. The orders report always give me a timeout exception. The performance depends of the machine power? Are there other things that I have to take in consideration (my pc is not the greatest).

The same happens on your official examples? Like this one https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport-dotnet-example-consoleapp
    You are trying it on your local computer? It should work just fine then.

Deployment: Maybe this is offtopic, I don't have experience deploying c# apps, I have to run a console project that will run the webserver with jsreport studio? How I change the configuration so it use the production enviorement. I'm not asking for concrete solutions but a head start will be appreciated.

Yes it can work this way. You can pass the production/development configuration right from c#. You can load these from an app.config if you like.
    However, do you plan to run just jsreport web server? Do you actually need to run it through .net? You could run full jsreport on prem server directly.

Framework: I don't know if is just my thoughs but the webserver solution works better with .net core. I know that the libraries use .net standard so it shouldn't be a problem using it with full .net.

I am currently not aware that jsreport.Local would run better with .net core or full framework. I think it should run the same in the both cases.

• Hello, the performance/reability has the same problems with the official repo. I'm trying it on my local computer.
    Sadly, one of the plus to jsreport is the ability to use as many report templates with the .net without paying for it.

• Hm, could you try it on a different pc?
    Can you try to turn off an antivirus temporarily?

I don't see a reason why that console example application should run once and not the second time.

Btw the .net applications are using the same licensing principle.
    You can use it for free only if you store <= 5 templates.
    There is no exception here.
    https://jsreport.net/learn/faq#5-templates-limitation-in-free-plan

If you don't store templates in jsreport and send it inside the request like when using asp.net mvc razor, you can use it for free.
    But you can do the same if you run full standalone jsreport. It is not related just to the jsreport.Local .net nuget package.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.