Xls corrupted and failed to load jsreport.config.json on asp net core

• Hi guys! I'm developìng an asp net core app on Linux and VS Code and deploying the same app in a windows server 2012 with iis.
    I have two problems:

• The first one, I print 2 reports, when i print in a dev environment (linux/vs code) i can print both, but when i deploy the app in the windows server, the pdf report is ok but de xls report is corrupted.
    • The second one, i want to use the logger configuration (using jsreport.config.json) to find in the prod environment the logs for the error in xls report but i can load any file configuration. I tried in several path within the project folder.
      I can't apply any jsreport configuration by file.

Here is the code:

services.AddJsReport(new LocalReporting()
                                                .RunInDirectory(Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "jsreport"))                                            
                                                .UseBinary(RuntimeInformation.IsOSPlatform(OSPlatform.Windows) ?
                                                            jsreport.Binary.JsReportBinary.GetBinary() :
                                                            jsreport.Binary.Linux.JsReportBinary.GetBinary())
                                                .Configure( cfg => { 
                                                                cfg.Express = new ExpressConfiguration() { InputRequestLimit = "200mb" }; 
                                                                cfg.Logger = new LoggerConfiguration(){ Transport = new LoggerTransportConfiguration(){ Filename = "/home/javier/logs/jslog.txt", Level = "debug", Transport = "file"} };
                                                                return cfg;
                                                                })                                            
                                                .AsUtility()                                            
                                                .Create());
            }

{
        "logger": {
            "console": {
                "transport": "console",
                "level": "debug"
            },
            "file": {
                "transport": "file",
                "level": "info",
                "filename": "/home/javier/logs/log.txt"
            },
            "error": {
                "transport": "file",
                "level": "error",
                "filename": "/home/javier/logs/error.txt"
            }
        }
    }

and the project structure:
    0_1531313817941_folder.png
    Thanks,
    Javier

• Hi,

I'm also not able to apply logging through config file. It looks like a bug, you can track it here
    https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport/issues/429

As workaround please start jsreport local as web server using AsWebServer. This way the logging config gets applied and you can get more information from logs.
    https://jsreport.net/learn/dotnet-local#utility-or-web-server

Can you try to run a simple one cell excel report and share both working and corrupted excel here?

• Thank you for your reply.
    There are differences between 2 excels (linux working and windows server not)
    0_1531528602566_diff_extracted.png

And the links
    Files

• Sorry for the delay.
    Hm. Both files works for me in ms excel on windows. How have you found out it is corrupted?

I see inside there are some differences in the size/color of the cell.
    I believe you use the html-to-xlsx recipe?
    The phantomjs engine which is used to evaluate html is producing different sizes when running on different OS.
    There is workaround mentioned in the docs https://jsreport.net/learn/phantom-pdf#different-sizes-on-windows-vs-unix
    Another option is to try out the v2 pre-release nugets which are using chrome instead of phantomjs.
    The chrome doesn't have this issue.

• The problem is when i use Libreoffice and google spreadsheet.
    I have opened in dropbox and it displays correctly.

• After deep investigation I found that
    this works in libre office <row r="1" spans="1:1" ht="15.00" but this doesn't <row r="1" spans="1:1" ht="15"

Based on the spec it is bug in libre office. But I will try to fix it with "15.00" which works also in ms excel.

Until the fix is propagated, you could try to increase a height so the row is not exactly 15.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.