Render View from another Area (MVC .Net Core)

• Hi, I'm using MVC .net core and I have problems trying to specify the view to render which is in another (area) folder path

var contenido = await _jsReportMVCService.RenderViewToStringAsync(HttpContext, RouteData, "Areas/Cajas/Views/Cobros/DetailsPrint", cobroVM);

and I recive this exception:
    ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Areas/Cajas/Views/Cobros/DetailsPrint does not match any available view
    jsreport.AspNetCore.JsReportMVCService.RenderViewToStringAsync(HttpContext context, RouteData routeData, string viewName, object model)

Is there any way to render a view from other area?
    Thanks!

• Do you have a full stack?
    Or could you debug it here and find out what is actually null?
    https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport-dotnet-aspnetcore/blob/master/jsreport.AspNetCore/JsReportMVCService.cs#L64

• Hi, thanks for response.
    I'm new in all of this and I don't know how to debug a NuGet package. So I copied the method RenderViewToStringAsync to my controller and also change the view name

var contenido = await RenderViewToStringAsync1(HttpContext, RouteData, "~/Areas/Cajas/Views/Cobros/DetailsPrint.cshtml", cobroVM);

The RenderViewToStringAsync method gives me null on viewResult

var viewResult = ((IRazorViewEngine)context.RequestServices.GetService(typeof(IRazorViewEngine))).FindView(actionContext, viewName, false);

Doing some research on internet in found many people have problem with FindView Method so I comment the line and add replace it with GetView method

//var viewResult = ((IRazorViewEngine)context.RequestServices.GetService(typeof(IRazorViewEngine))).FindView(actionContext, viewName, false);
    var hostingEnv = context.RequestServices.GetService(typeof(IHostingEnvironment)) as IHostingEnvironment;
    var viewResult = ((IRazorViewEngine)context.RequestServices.GetService(typeof(IRazorViewEngine))).GetView(hostingEnv.WebRootPath, viewName, false);

and its works, but I don't know why FindView method give me null.
    Any Suggestion?

Thanks!

• Thanks for sharing. I use now also GetView as suggested.
    You can update jsreport.AspNetCore nuget, it is part of 2.0.2.

Change for reference
    https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport-dotnet-aspnetcore/commit/245018bc1a5b9aa02a261c81cf826bc13415a7b2

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.