Error: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform

• Since upgraded to 2.2.0, below error is thrown. Prior to update, it was working without any issues.

Project = Asp.net core
    Platform = Win10 64bit

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform. at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at jsreport.Local.Internal.BinaryProcess.<InnerExecute>d__18.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at jsreport.Local.Internal.BinaryProcess.<ExecuteExe>d__17.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at jsreport.Local.Internal.LocalUtilityReportingService.<RenderAsync>d__10.MoveNext()

• Additional findings;
    a) tried 'jsreport -h' from command prompt on v1. The help details displayed with no issues

b) tried 'jsreport -h' from command prompt on v2, Windows shows a blue screen that says "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the publisher"

• Could you try to download the binary from here and try the jsreport.exe -h?
    https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport/releases

• @jan_blaha thanks for the quick reply and for this great library.

The binary downloaded from above URL works, "-h" displays the help details without any issue.

I noticed that the downloaded EXE file size is 141MB and the EXE unzipped by "jsreport.Local.Internal.BinaryProcess" is ~50MB. Not sure where did it go wrong, but it happened on two machines.

The issue is resolved by deleting the entire folder "\jsreport" (\jsreport\temp\dotnet\binary-default-2.2.0.0 ) from my project's root folder.

• Thanks for sharing.

Don't know how that could happen.
    Here we get the decompressing stream and here we save it. There is even a lock to avoid some concurrency issues. Let me please know if you see something wrong in code or you experience it again.

• Thank you, and code looking good. I noticed that the code is writing exception details to console, but I missed last time when this happened. I will try to reproduce and see if I can capture the exception details from console log.

After resolving the above issue, now I see a timeout error on my server. My laptop is doing good with the same data, I ruled out data is not a problem. Will you be able to help? Or should I open new topic in this forum?

jsreport.Local.JsReportBinaryException: Error rendering report: A critical error occurred while trying to execute the render command: Timeout Error: pdf generation not completed after 30000ms (1). caused by error (1) -> meta = {"remoteStack":"Error: Timeout Error: pdf generation not completed after 30000ms at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (jsreportRuntime.js:133651:19)

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.