Folder lost

• We have been having an issue with files or folders being lost. Thankfully we have a backup of them, but we would like to understand how this could happen. Right now we have an issue where it is erroring with "Error: Unable to find entity with shortid bGvzATI". This happens when I try to click on a file that is showing at the root level (we don't normally have files at the root level).

This is now stopping us from being able to find while folder it was to recreate. I can pull logs from AWS ECS if it would be helpful, but i don't know the exact time it happened.

Tech details:
    version 3.7.1
    Running as a docker on AWS
    FileStore config:
    "fs-store": {
    "persistence": {
    "provider": "aws-s3"
    },
    "sync": {
    "provider": "aws-sns"
    },
    "compactionInterval": 300000
    },

Any info on how to stop this or how to find out what's going on would be appreciated.

• Did this happen during the normal work with the studio (editing entities)? Or have you done some import/export or deployment or version control tasks?

I'm afraid logs won't help us. Unfortunately, I don't know what could be the reason.
    What will be likely needed is that you take your data to some app clone or local for example, and try to replicate the problem. If you succeed, great, share the steps then, please.

• I can only assume it happened during normal operations. In this environment (test), we only build new reports and export them to import in to our production environment.

The only thing i can think of is that we utilize AWS ECS (docker) and there are times it will spin up/down new instances. I wouldn't think this would be a problem and has not happened in the past until this new version (3.7.1). The only other difference is the number of items that we have. We are constantly adding more folders and templates (normally we have 4-5 files per folder). But compared to what you guys run on your public side, it's nothing.

Is there a way i can recreate a folder that goes missing (with the same shortId)? Is this something that could get lost in S3 or is a folder metadata only?

• Is there a way i can recreate a folder that goes missing (with the same shortId)? Is this something that could get lost in S3 or is a folder metadata only?

Yes, just look on another folder and create it the same way. You will need to create s3 folder (folder name) and inside config.json with the following structure.
    0_1663099603085_upload-2a41deb9-0cce-4e11-aa00-e3d508e06a59

Or just create the folder with studio and then update the shortid inside config.json.

You will need to reboot jsreport afterward.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.