Higher timeout on the SaaS Solution

• Hello everyone

My company has been using JS report SaaS solution for many reports and its been working fine

But now there is a report type that can be long for some customers, and I am getting this issue:

(because) timeout when communicating with worker
    Error: Timeout when communicating with worker
        at /usr/src/app/node_modules/@jsreport/jsreport-docker-workers/lib/sendToWorker.js:161:17
        at async execute (/usr/src/app/node_modules/@jsreport/jsreport-docker-workers/lib/allocate.js:117:18)
        at async Object.execute (/usr/src/app/lib/main/dockerWorker.js:39:26)
        at async MainReporter.executeWorkerAction (/usr/src/app/node_modules/@jsreport/jsreport-core/lib/main/reporter.js:576:22)
        at async MainReporter.render (/usr/src/app/node_modules/@jsreport/jsreport-core/lib/main/reporter.js:472:30)

I can't find anywhere how to put a higher timeout for the SaaS solution, can please someone point me the direction?
    I read something about printing triggers but can't implement it on SaaS either, is there a way?

FIY, this report is working for some customers, it just fails for large data customers

Thanks!

• The 60s timeout is global for jsreportonline and it can't be changed.
    It's typically better to use dedicated HWand jsreport on-prem to render giant reports.

Please email me your jsreportonline account name and I will check if there is something you can improve.
    jan.blaha@jsreport.net

• Interesting, because it seems that is timing out in 26 s

0_1682360095834_upload-b2434b5a-33bf-4b4e-9c7b-bd5bec5c322c

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I sent you my account via email
    Ty!

• I was able to create this pdf in my local hardware, the pdf output is 80mb and that must be breaking the SaaS solution.
    My company generates all its PDFs using the JSReport SaaS, but we need this tool to be reliable for those big cases.

If I run everything on my own hardware, can I have more than 5 templates (I think we have 9 for now and planning to add more)? If yes, we can move all our templates to our own hardware without issues, otherwise, we would need to find another solution, any recommendations?

• I was able to create this pdf in my local hardware, the pdf output is 80mb and that must be breaking the SaaS solution

It's is big, yes, but we will still do our best to make it work in jsreportonline. Is it possible to share with me also the input data and template so I can reproduce it?

We are now about to update jsreportonline with some fixes, but still, it is a constant process. If we know exactly what you are rendering with what data, we will get it faster.

If I run everything on my own hardware, can I have more than 5 templates (I think we have 9 for now and planning to add more)?

You need an enterprise license for more than 5 templates.
    https://jsreport.net/buy

• Going to send you the data.json file via email

One weird thing that I noticed: this report without images is 1.9Mb and with images is 80Mb
    But all the images together are around 3Mb

I send those images as s3 signed urls and jsreport download them, idk if something happens on the render that makes this pdf so much bigger

Just FYI, my SaaS solution is basically checklists that the user can create and later generate reports about it

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.