Excel export suggestions

• Can't you just don't print the column in the first place?
    You can use for example a custom script that will modify your input data so it doesn't reach the xlsx template and you print only what you want.

Otherwise you need to use the xlsx transformation helpers I am afraid.

• If I understand you correctly: If I want to generate conditional columns in Excel, I can't use the Excel template method? Writing xls or html-xls would be the only option?

• This post is deleted!

• Anwser to your previous reply about optimizing html-xls preformance: The usage of #htmlToXlsxEachRows didn't quite work.

• If I want to generate conditional columns in Excel, I can't use the Excel template method? Writing xls or html-xls would be the only option?

You can combine both approaches in xlsx. Type handlebars inside excel for simplicity and then do low-level transformation using xlsx helpers like here
    https://playground.jsreport.net/w/anon/LFe64Z85
    You may need a lot more low-level fixes after the cell deletion, but this should show you how to start.

Or in some cases, you can use a custom script to modify your input data so you don't write data to columns you don't want in the first place.

The usage of #htmlToXlsxEachRows didn't quite work.

Please share playground what doesn't work.

• Thank you for the Excel template advice! Would it be also possible to set the cell format? So let's say we have a global time format setting that can be decimal (HH.mm) or normal (HH:mm). I would need to change the cell formats according to the global setting so Excel can recognize the values correctly.

We also have a requirement to conditionally hide rows.

• You can do everything with xlsx helpers. You just need to take your time and find how to do it in excel XML and then replicate the same with xlsx helpers.

• Thanks, and here is the demo for the html-xls. The main problem we have is preformance. On the server It works, but here, on the playground it crashes.
    https://playground.jsreport.net/w/AnejBradacVranc/0RJEPt1Q
    It's the EXCEL_sample file.

• On the server It works, but here, on the playground it crashes.

So it actually works, but the playground has limited memory so it fails there.

The main problem we have is performance

The problem is that by default, we need to load the HTML table in Chrome so we can get the cells and styles. Chrome is slow with long tables and this takes time. There is nothing we can do there to optimize it. On the other hand, this is very comfortable for developers to write quickly excel reports. So it is a tradeoff between fast implementation and slower runtime performance.

We have implemented another engine for parsing the HTML tables to speed this up. It's 2x faster, but has another tradeoff because it does support only inline styles.
    https://jsreport.net/learn/html-to-xlsx#cheerio-html-engine

Ultimately, the xlsx recipe should fit better for very long excels where the performance is important.

• Thanks!

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.