Error rendering report on CentOs 7

• Wel, it seem I need to study more in deep net core ... as many other things :D

After your suggestions now I receive:
    One or more errors occurred. (Permission denied) - at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
    The code that generate this is :
    var CustomRenderRequest = new RenderRequest()
    {
    Template = new Template()
    {
    Content = email.Attachment,
    Engine = Engine.None,
    Recipe = Recipe.PhantomPdf
    }
    };
    var customReport = rs.RenderAsync(CustomRenderRequest).Result;

My question is: how can it render without a screen ?

PS: if I use this raw code I can create the pdf
    ar p = new Process();
    p.StartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo()
    {
    FileName = "google-chrome",
    Arguments = "--headless --disable-gpu --print-to-pdf="/tmp/zkmf/zkmf_receipt.pdf" /tmp/zkmf/zkmf_receipt.html"
    };
    p.Start();
    p.WaitForExit();

• Same problem on Ubuntu server.

More detailed error info:

One or more errors occurred. (Permission denied) - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Permission denied
    at Interop.Sys.ForkAndExecProcess(String filename, String[] argv, String[] envp, String cwd, Boolean redirectStdin, Boolean redirectStdout, Boolean redirectStderr, Int32& lpChildPid, Int32& stdinFd, Int32& stdoutFd, Int32& stderrFd)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at jsreport.Local.Internal.BinaryProcess.<InnerExecute>d__18.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at jsreport.Local.Internal.BinaryProcess.<ExecuteExe>d__17.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at jsreport.Local.Internal.LocalUtilityReportingService.<RenderAsync>d__10.MoveNext() - at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
    at zkmf_mailbot2.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Data\Projects\Iason\zkmfsrv\zkmf-email\zkmf-mailbot2\Program.cs:line 167

• Hm. Not sure how to proceed with this. It would help if you would prepare for me a way how to replicate this. Like a minimal project that I can try to run on ubuntu.
    However I guess there is a problem rather with server set up. The best would be if you would prepare a dockerfile i can try to use and replicate the issue.

• Uhm ... how can I create a docker file ? I can google a bit, but if u have short instructions I'll do my best to create it.

• Give me a moment, I will give you some hints.

• I prepared repository showing how can jsreport run on ubuntu docker container. You can open it in VS and just hit F5 to see it working,
    https://github.com/pofider/jsreport-net-core-docker

You will be mainly interested in the dockerfile which describe the steps how is .net core initialized on the fresh ubuntu and how it starts the .net core app.

• Well, just installed Docker ... How to run on container from VS 2017 Pro ?

But my question is: how can I 100% reproduce my AWS server with Docker, if I really can ?

• Well, just installed Docker ... How to run on container from VS 2017 Pro ?

You should be able just to F5 my example solution. Here are the docs to vs tools for docker

But my question is: how can I 100% reproduce my AWS server with Docker, if I really can ?

There are usually some community docker images which tries to reflect the AWS linux images. However I have no experience with that.
    What kind of AWS service you use? Simple EC2? Which image? Did you try to run as root?

• If I hit F5 it runs as a standard console app on my machine.
    Did u forget some files, maybe ? I can't find no docker-compose.yml, for example

• My apologize ... Now is the repo full.

• So, on my Win10 Pro I installed Docker, Linux containers mode is on, a small Hyper-V VM is running ...
    I open your last repository, hit F5 but if I print in which OS is running the app I receive Windows.
    How do I know if I'm running in a container ?

Ok, a few steps ahead:

dotnet publish --> ok

docker build --> ko
    Step 10/11 : COPY ${source:-obj/Docker/publish} .
    docker : COPY failed: stat /var/lib/docker/tmp/docker-builder957303330/obj/Docker/publish: no such file or directory
    At line:1 char:1

• docker build dockernetcoretest
    •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (COPY failed: st...le or directory:String) [], RemoteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

• Not sure if this is the issue. But my docker settings include the shared drive.

0_1517484550576_upload-e6f0b628-2222-4f04-8a03-b3cd3201fcd2

• Mine too.
    I'll inspect this issue.

• here they recommend to clear the .dockerignore file.

• So, if i publish explicitly in /Docker/publish the doker build process terminate correctly ?
    Now ? Where is my app ? Can I debug it on Linux ?
    Too many doubts :-)

• This post is deleted!

• I'm not sure I get what you ask for. I simply run it as on the following gif. Thank you for your patience.

demo

• This is exactly what I want to do, but I always ges Windows as OS.
    Did you run some manual command (dotnet, docker, ...) or simply hit F5 ?
    To start the image I run some manual commands

• Make sure the startup project is the docker-compose one.
    I don't run any special command, just f5 or click on the Run docker arrow.

• Holy crap! I set the console as starting prj!!!
    Let's try ... TY

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.