Same old problem (revisited)

• Running both centos and Debian, I am unable to get jsreport server to run and preview reports as the online sandbox does.

I followed the centos install thread, have puppeteer, jsreport-chrome-PDF or whatever, and it's already running gtk3.

ldd chrome | grep not

Returns 0 results.

Chmod 777 on the whole directory, still nothing.

On top of this it reportedly has 9 critical vulnerabilities reported by NPM which can't be resolved with the audit... and it still just sits there and says it can't run chrome.

Running it in chromium browser. Symlinked it to /usr/bin/chrome to no avail.

I seriously spent less time using the sandbox to get a workable report going in js than pulling my hair out on quite possibly the most aggravating installation I have had in years.

If anyone can offer advice, it'd be appreciated. Working through the holiday on a deadline which needs a reporting engine and I'm basically SOL.

Gratitude to anyone who can help me figure this out..

• I won't be probably helpful at this moment. However, docker isn't an option for you, right?
    Installing headless chrome can be tricky and with docker, you get it working "out of the box".

Perhaps share an exact distribution of centos/debian you have.
    Maybe someone will have a hint or time to check it out.

• No, we are not using docker at all, and I doubt my boss would be a fan of it needing to be setup just for this..

I'm trying to see if the windows server is able to handle it without all the grief. Maybe afterwards it can be moved over to the Linux install when things are less.. broken :/

I hate having to use windows as a last resort but that's the situation we're in..

• I apologize for that. We will try to review our centos installation instructions and also try to prepare the Debian one.

• Hey no worries.. I develop too.. timing is just bad.

CentOS instructions on 7.x and 8.x would probably be better.. and I'll try to document the process if we can get a sure fire way of installing as I'm likely going to need to do this a few more times..

No one in their right mind would worry about focusing on a Debian build.. given they change every 10 minutes and are likely to split your source in half anyway (ehm)..

Only using it at the moment because I made the mistake months ago to try it again for the first time since Etch and it's been a nightmare..

Anyway, I'll trudge on. If any has an idea with this on Centos7 please chime in :)

• I spun up a brand new Centos 7.6 in Azure. Followed the exact steps mentioned here
    https://jsreport.net/learn/centos
    And I have jsreport running and printing pdf with chrome-pdf recipe in a few minutes.

I don't know how to help. If a centos admin does the same steps in the empty centos 7.6 (perhaps in azure) he should be able to compare what is the difference between such env and your env. I'm not an admin and my Linux/centos knowledge is very poor so unfortunately, I won't be more helpful.

When editing jsreport.config.json make sure you have "chrome" node there just once and that you see this line when starting jsreport
    2019-12-24T22:08:09.572Z - debug: Chrome custom launch options are args=[--no-sandbox]

• I'll take a look at the JSON config change.

The install works flawlessly on Windows server.. sadly enough for the FOSS community lol..

I'm using Google Compute and its prebuilt CentOS images so there is likely some level of difference.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.