Best of chrome-pdf, phantom-pdf and electron-pdf recipes

• Hi,

I have tested with all these recipes and found that phantom-pdf rendering times are quite less when compared to other two. That means phantom-pdf performs better than other two for same set of data and on the same system configuration. We have used 4 cores and 16 GB RAM.
    The configurations i used for all 3 recipes are:
    "electron-pdf": {
    "strategy": "electron-ipc",
    "numberOfWorkers": 2,
    "pingTimeout": 6000000,
    "timeout": 6000000
    }
    "templatingEngines": {
    "strategy": "http-server",
    "forkOptions": {
    "execArgv": ["--max-old-space-size=6096"]
    }
    }
    "phantom-pdf": {
    "timeout": 6000000,
    "strategy": "phantom-server"
    }
    "chrome-pdf": {
    "strategy": "chrome-pool",
    "numberOfWorkers": 2
    }

Which according to you is the best report rendering recipe that we can use?
    In one of the responses
    https://forum.jsreport.net/topic/1559/electron-pdf-issue-in-jsreport/5, chrome-pdf is suggested. But between chrome-pdf and phantom-pdf which would be the better recipe?

Thank you in advance

• You can use what works for you the best.

However chrome-pdf recipe should be the first choice for sure. That is why it is the default one.
    The problem with phantomjs is that its development was suspended.

• I am analysing the performance of phantomjs and headless chrome and in general opinion is that "headless chrome" performs faster with less memory. But the testing i have done shows opposite. Any clarification on this would be helpful....

• Hi Jan_blaha,

In general, Chrome-pdf is supposed to have good performance or response times but we are not seeing that. For us Phantom-pdf is giving good numbers. Just want to know if we are missing anything.

• We don't have a manual or information in which cases the chrome can be slower than phantom.
    It is probably very specific.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.