jsreport excel question for xlsxReplace

• {{#each offer.obligorInfo}}

{{#xlsxReplace "xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml"  "worksheet.sheetData[0].row[2].c[2]"}}
     <c t="inlineStr" s="{{@root.$removedItem.c.[2].$.s}}"><is><t>{{basicObligorInfo.obligorName}}</t></is></c>
    {{/xlsxReplace}}

{{/each}}

Consider the above, how can we even put variables inside? "xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml" "worksheet.sheetData[0].row[2].c[2]"

Such as "xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml" "worksheet.sheetData[0].row[2].c[${0}]"

I can't figure any way to do it with handlebars, the string param needs to be dynamic, not statically written.

Btw the documentation on jsReport's excel recipe is extremely poor.

• You can create your own custom handlebars helper that dynamically constructs the xlsxReplace second xmlPath parameter and use it like this:

{{#xlsxReplace "xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml"  (replace "worksheet.sheetData[0].row[[object Object]].c[0]" "[object Object]" 1)}}

function replace(str, pattern, value) {
        return str.replace(pattern, value)    
    }

However, the problem here is that the xlsxReplace doesn't put to the root context the $removedItem you are trying to use for the style attribute. But it seems the xlsxMerge is the right way to go here.

Check the example I prepared for you
    https://playground.jsreport.net/w/anon/O70zThsu

• @jan_blaha thanks Jan.

I didn't know that you can pass a callback into a handlebar function with ( functionName ...params); thanks a lot.

I've tried something like the above (before you answer), like {{#xlsxReplace "xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml" functionName params}}; that was throwing an error, so it needs ( ).

• Its documented here, just FYI https://handlebarsjs.com/guide/expressions.html#subexpressions
    I wasn't aware of it also for quite some time.

I updated docs to include the dynamic xmlPath calculation code.

• Yeah, I am not that good with handlebars, never used it before ;p, I got it confused with angular's templating.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.