syncModifications Not Triggering

• Good morning, jsreport team. I would like to edit my content in VS Code (because of tag changes, other extensions). However, when I enable the syncModifications flag, changes that I make in VSCode are not picked up by jsreport.

Here's my setup.

jsreport is running as a docker container and I've mapped /app/data to a folder on my local machine. I can see/change the files just fine locally on my PC.

Here is my relevant config file settings:

"store": {
            "provider": "fs"
        },
        "extensions": {
            "fs-store": {
                "dataDirectory": "/app/data",
                "syncModifications": true
            },
            "sync": {
                "usePolling": false
            }
        }

I've tried usePolling: true and usePolling: false and neither appears to make a difference.

What am I missing :)

• What jsreport version do you use? The v3 needs this config

"extensions": {
            "fs-store": {
                "dataDirectory": "/app/data",
                "externalModificationsSync": true
            }
        }

• Sorry, forgot that bit of critical info! 3.5.0. I'll try your suggest, that'll probably do it. I was going off of article on the website to configure it.

• Much closer, now! Thanks. It actually picks up the changes now, but has a strange behavior. It is one revision behind on the changes that I make in VS Code editor. If I bring the file up in Studio and VSC, they are the same. I make a change in VSC, the Studio version flashes, but no change displayed. I make a second change the content in VSC and save. Studio UI flashes, and the previous change is shown (and renders).

• This seems to be a problem just when you use docker with mounted volume.
    I will check if there is something we can do about it.

• Just to help the dev team out, it only appears to be doing that on the root template. If I make a change to a component, it picks up that change immediately and renders the report with the changes I just saved. Defintely odd..

Thanks for looking into it.

• I've fixed that, it will be part of the jsreport 3.6.0 released likely this week.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.