We haven't configured any password for the chrome-pdf recipe in JSReport. However, it seems to automatically apply a password even when manually removed. How can this issue be addressed?

• Are you able to replicate the problem in the playground?
    If now, can you email me the data folder and specify the jsreport version you use?
    jan.blaha@jsreport.net

• I am unsure if this can be replicated in the playground as I suspect this to be a configuration issue. The templates function smoothly locally at times, yet they prompt for a password within the application. I'm curious if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and if there's a solution available.

• The password is enabled through pdf utils configuration.
    When you run in the studio, the password application is disabled to avoid constant prompting.
    When you run a real API request, the password may pop up even when you don't see it in the studio.

0_1708549640485_upload-ce89a957-7505-4bcf-89e4-60890e8bd6c8

Note an older version (a year or something) had a studio bug causing that clearing of the password wasn't working. You may try the same with the latest to test as well.

• You're absolutely right. We haven't enabled this feature at all; it's suddenly started happening. Even after deleting the password, it reappears. Is there a method to disable this feature?

• Have you tried updating jsreport to the latest?

• Yes. We bumped up to 4.2.0 from 3.6.0

• You can disable pdf utils extension just like any other,
    https://jsreport.net/learn/configuration#disabling-extensions

However you can't disable just particular password protection feature.

If you prepare for me some kind of replicable workspace, I would look at whats happening.

• Hi, thank you for the response. I may not be able to recreate this in the playground. My team has decided to proceed with the HTML recipe for now. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

• I would happily look also on some minimal app repository if you would have time to prepare it.

• Hello, thank you for your reply. We identified that the issue was caused by the developer's Chrome browser auto-saving the password settings. Accessing the studio in Safari resolved the issue. Nonetheless, this remains an interesting research topic for future reference.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.