The best practise with CI VSTS

• Hello,

I would like to know what is the best practise to use jsreport online with my Continuous Delivery VSTS to add or update the template (HTML, CSS, Image)?

Thanks

• Hi,

I don't have complex experience with VSTS, just some basics, so I can hardly speak about the best practices. However I will at least describe the ways to automate updates/imports to jsreportonline.

1. odata API
      The deployment can by automated by a script which reads your local files (templates/images) and invoke rest call to jsreportonline to update it remotely. One by one.

PATCH https://yourname.jsreportonline.net/odata/templates(54a90fb3127c7a8009cde862)
    { name: '...', content: '...' ... }

This is not complicated and I see it used quite often.

1. import zip
      You can run your local jsreport and let it store the templates on the file system. Version those templates in git or whatever source control you use. The deployment would be then done by using import/export extension. First you get zip from the local jsreport and then upload it to the jsreportonline.

• Hi,

Thank you for you advice I use OData api to create and update a report

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.