problems installing jsreport-version-control-git on both windows and linux

• Could somebody update the jsreport-version-control-git module to use nodegit@0.24.0 instead of 0.23.0? 0.23 has problems with node 10 which precludes this module from installing (tried it both on windows and linux - different but similar problems). 0.24 seems to work/install fine on both windows and linux.

• I was able to proceed by cloning the public repo, making the fix, and then npm installing against my local repo. I have to say, I'm very impressed with the module. It seems to be considerably more robust than the default version control module which gets confused easily if you move things around, rename, etc. I tried very hard to confuse the git version by moving things around, renaming things, etc. and it just worked!

One thing I would like to see if it isn't too hard to add would be an option in the config to allow specifying a remote - something like:

"extensions": {
    "versionControl": { "provider": "git", "remote": "git@git:/home/git/reponame" }
    }

If the "remote" property isn't specified, works just like today with a local repo. If it is specified, when it starts up, instead of creating a empty repo if it doesn't already exist, it will pull the repo from the specified remote via ssh/https - it will also need to add a Push button to the web gui so when you are ready you can push your changes back to the remote. That would be very useful for us in that we can keep our reports under centralized version control just like everything else.

• one thing to note too is that it appears that the data/settings file gets changed each time you run a report - could it possibly be added to a .gitignore by default during install?

• one other tiny nitpick on the module - the web gui is showing the ".git" repo folder as a normal folder - it should probably not do that. I suspect that will require a fix to the webgui though to just not show folders named ".git" maybe?

• Thank you for your suggestions.

Could somebody update the jsreport-version-control-git module to use nodegit@0.24.0 instead of 0.23.0

Yes, we will do it. But don't hesitate to send us a PR the next time.

One thing I would like to see if it isn't too hard to add would be an option in the config to allow specifying a remote

Good idea. We will consider it.

one other tiny nitpick on the module - the web gui is showing the ".git" repo folder as a normal folder

Yes we will ignore this folder in fs store.

one thing to note too is that it appears that the data/settings file gets changed each time you run a report - could it possibly be added to a .gitignore by default during install?

We will consider it.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.