Error: Page crashed

• Hi, I'm getting page crashed error when rendering a report. I'm not sure what's wrong as I can render this report using different datasets.

Page crashed!
    Error: Page crashed! at Page._onTargetCrashed (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/Page.js:185:24) at CDPSession.Page.client.on.event (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/Page.js:140:56) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at CDPSession.emit (events.js:211:7) at CDPSession._onMessage (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/Connection.js:200:12) at Connection._onMessage (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/Connection.js:112:17) at WebSocketTransport._ws.addEventListener.event (/app/node_modules/puppeteer/lib/WebSocketTransport.js:41:24) at WebSocket.onMessage (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/event-target.js:120:16) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at WebSocket.emit (events.js:211:7) at Receiver.receiverOnMessage (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/websocket.js:742:20) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at Receiver.emit (events.js:211:7) at Receiver.dataMessage (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:417:14) at Receiver.getData (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:347:17) at Receiver.startLoop (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:133:22) at Receiver._write (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:69:10) at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:396:12) at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:382:5) at Receiver.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:290:11) at Socket.socketOnData (/app/node_modules/ws/lib/websocket.js:817:35) at emitOne (events.js:116:13)

+0	Rendering template { name: outstanding_collections_report, recipe: chrome-pdf, engine: handlebars, preview: false }
    +4	Inline data specified.
    +4	Resources not defined for this template.
    +20	Replaced assets ["styles.css"]
    +20	Rendering engine handlebars
    +740	Compiled template not found in the cache, compiling
    +4577	Executing recipe chrome-pdf
    +5415	Starting child request to render pdf header
    +5582	Rendering template { name: outstanding_collections_report, recipe: html, engine: handlebars, preview: false }
    +5588	Inline data specified.
    +5588	Resources not defined for this template.
    +5594	Rendering engine handlebars
    +6443	Compiled template not found in the cache, compiling
    +6447	Executing recipe html
    +6448	Skipping storing report.
    +6450	Rendering request 132663 finished in 872 ms
    +6580	Starting child request to render pdf footer
    +6714	Rendering template { name: outstanding_collections_report, recipe: html, engine: handlebars, preview: false }
    +6718	Inline data specified.
    +6718	Resources not defined for this template.
    +6723	Rendering engine handlebars
    +9969	Compiled template not found in the cache, compiling
    +10085	Executing recipe html
    +10085	Skipping storing report.
    +10087	Rendering request 132664 finished in 3377 ms

• Unfortunately, this message is all we get from chrome when it crashes.
    It can be because of various reasons like exhausted resources, hw error or some particular html/css chrome doesn't like.
    We can take a look if you will try to replicate the issue and upload the export for us or share link to the playground
    https://playground.jsreport.net/

• Hi @jan_blaha, thanks for the reply. I found out the reason for the crash is the data that I'm trying to render is quite big. It would generate a pdf over 200 pages. I also tried to remove the css and javascript. Without the css and js, the report server can render the same dataset. I believe it is a combination of things that make the report crash. First the big dataset, then the css and javascript.

Is this a limitation of jsreport online? How do I render something as big as 200 pages? Would local hosted server solve the problem?

• Is this a limitation of jsreport online? How do I render something as big as 200 pages? Would local hosted server solve the problem?

You can easily try it out. Export your templates from jsreportonline. Start your own on prem server and run it.
    The jsreportonline has strict limits on resources and you may get a bit better results with full server.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.