[0708/172936.877838:FATAL:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(117)] No usable sandbox!

• Re: [zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(89)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported](/topic/1997/zygote_host_impl_linux-cc-89-running-as-root-without-no-sandbox-is-not-supported)

Hello, I'm having a very similar issue to this issue. My error message was not the same, but according to chome/puppeteer documentation, using "--no-sandbox" should also resolve it...Here's my error:

[0708/172936.877838:FATAL:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(117)] No usable sandbox! Update your kernel or see https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/linux/suid_sandbox_development.md for more information on developing with the SUID sandbox. If you want to live dangerously and need an immediate workaround, you can try using --no-sandbox.

I've tried the fix in the extensions config, but I'm getting same result. Here is my file if you want to review: https://github.com/mrodenhauser/jsreport-lakewood-funmeet/blob/main/jsreport.config.json

If it matters...I'm running this in heroku, which builds from this github repo and then uses the nodejs and puppeteer buildpacks.

• administrators

hi!

your config should look like this:

{
      "httpPort": 5488,
      "store": {
        "provider": "fs"
      },
      "blobStorage": {
        "provider": "fs"
      },
      "logger": {
        "console": {
          "transport": "console",
          "level": "debug"
        },
        "file": {
          "transport": "file",
          "level": "info",
          "filename": "logs/reporter.log"
        },
        "error": {
          "transport": "file",
          "level": "error",
          "filename": "logs/error.log"
        }
      },
      "trustUserCode": true,
      "reportTimeout": 60000,
      "workers": {
        "numberOfWorkers": 2
      },
      "chrome": {
        "launchOptions": {
          "args": ["--no-sandbox"]
        }
      }
      "extensions": {
        "authentication": {
          "cookieSession": {},
          "admin": {
            "username": "admin",
            "password": "password"
          },
          "enabled": false
        },
        "sample-template": {
          "createSamples": true
        }
      }
    }

the change is that "chrome" key in config only works at the top level, not inside the "extensions" key, if you want to put it in extensions you should use "chromePdf" which will make it look like this:

"extensions": {
        "chromePdf": {
          "launchOptions": {
            "args": ["--no-sandbox"]
          }
        },
    }

• That fixed it!! Thank you SOOOO much for your quick response. I needed this report working from the cloud for my volunteer charity event tomorrow and you have saved the day!

• administrators

excellent! good luck tomorrow and happy coding

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.