How to make the body fully stretch through all pdf pages?

• Hello everyone, I have been struggling with this issue for 2 days now.

The goal is theoreticaly simple, I need a box that is placed at the bottom of the last PDF page, but still above a footer.

I have prepared this playground which slightly resembles my real scenario.

The problem is that the usual way to push an element to the bottom of a parent element, for example using flexbox, does not work, as the body element ends where its content ends.

The first idea was to implement the box in the header-footer using pdf-utils. But this results in either having to increase the footer margin defined by chrome-pdf properties for all pages or having the body content possibly overlap with the footer content.

Another idea that was semi-working was to pass a styling to the body to define it's height depending on the number of pages. for example with 'height: calc(2*100%). This does stretch the body height as intended, but I cannot find a way to create a variable that contains the number of pages (I can in the header-footer document but not in the main document) which then could be passed to the styling.

Thank you very much for any help!

PS: Side question - How do I prevent specific body elements from breaking when the page breaks?

• This is a tricky problem we didn't have a solution for so far. However, your idea to use the calculated height of the body could be a solution.

Here I render the template twice. After the first, I get the number of pages and render again and use the information to style the body height. Then it is just about flex.
    https://playground.jsreport.net/w/anon/r8xAhhwq

Please let me know if this helps.

PS: Side question - How do I prevent specific body elements from breaking when the page breaks?

There is a standard CSS property for this
    https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_print_pagebi.php

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.