installing wkhtmltopdf in executable server

• Hi Blaha,

I am unable to install the server in my client environment due to firewall restrictions. The IT support team are unwilling to let the download due to breach in security policies. Hence I am trying to use Executable option mentioned in 

https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport/releases/latest

I was able to install jsreport in my local machine(not server) using jsreport-configure option mentioned in the documentation. But I am unable to install the wkhtmltopdf extension. I get the following message when I try to install wkhtmlto pdf.

C:\Users\pxa0683\Downloads\jsreport-win>npm install jsreport-wkhtmltopdf
    jsreport-server@ C:\Users\pxa0683
    `-- jsreport-wkhtmltopdf@1.3.0

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.0.0 (node_modules\c
    okidar\node_modules\fsevents):
    npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents
    1.1.1: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"
    )
    npm WARN jsreport-server@ No description
    npm WARN jsreport-server@ No repository field.
    npm WARN jsreport-server@ No license field.

I have used a different port number(5489) for the executable server version as I have another instance(full download) at 5488 which is working fine.

Please advice how we can go about resolving this issue. I have used wkhtmltopdf extensively in the only template that I have created.

Regards

Prabu

• administrators

Hi, don't worry about the message, it is just a npm warning when some optional dependency can't be installed, so your installation should work normally.

in order to use jsreport-wkhtmltopdf with the jsreport executable you need to add "discover": true to your config:

{
      "discover": true,
      "httpPort": 5489,
       .... the rest of your config...
    }

this is necessary to tell the jsreport executable to try to search for jsreport extensions in the node_modules directory of your project, after doing that change try to start the jsreport executable again and you will see wkhtmltopdf now available, also note that is a good idea to define a package.json in your project and save all your custom extensions there, so when it comes the time to deploy your project you can move the executable and its customs extensions normally.

• Thanks for the suggestion.
    However now I am facing another issue. I am told that, In the server, I can not run npm command at all which means I can not run the "npm install jsreport-wkhtmltopdf" command. Is there any other option available so I can download the server & also enable the wkhtmltopdf extension by not using npm install command mentioned above in the server?

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.