Page numbering.

• Why am I finding it so difficult to add a page number to a page (NOT HEADER/FOOTER)
    I can't find any reference material on how to do this???

• phantomjs doesn't have API to add page numbers to the content.

You can try to workaround it using javascript.
    https://playground.jsreport.net/studio/workspace/B1c8HcCix/85

• What about wkhtmltopdf? Is there a way to add page numbers there? The sample shows the watermark placement, what if I just want to output a page number in some span element? How can I track it so that it will be on every page?

• administrators

hi! have you tried the example mentioned in docs? does it not work for you?

• That works but I don't want to put it in to the header for wkhtmltopdf. I'm trying to design a template that would look identical (or close) in HTML and PDF rendering.

• administrators

That works but I don't want to put it in to the header for wkhtmltopdf. I'm trying to design a template that would look identical (or close) in HTML and PDF rendering.

hmm then i think you can try the same logic that the watermark, just that in your case you can change it to show page number at the right-top and instead of a watermark just render the current page wich is available from JS

• I did mine by having a css style pageNumber on a paragrah

function setPageNumbering()
    {
    var totalPages = $("p.pageNumber");
    $.each(totalPages, function(index, value ) {
    $(this).text("Page " + (index + StartPageCountAtPage ) + " of " + (totalPages.length + StartPageCountAtPage-1 ));
    });

}

• Nothing seems to work, this should be easy!

• administrators

@Mark-Sullivan i already answered your email, please check the docs in full first, this thread is 3 years old so it is not the best place to discuss or ask about the current situation of page numbering.

i'm going to also copy my email answer here for future reference.

you can achieve page numbers doing some pdf manipulation, this can be done with the pdf-utils, there you can find examples about how to do different things, for your case the specific example is this

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.