PDF version control

• Hi Jsreport team!

Recently we noticed that our report (using wkhtmltopdf 0.12.3) were version 1.4 (Acrobat 5) however, it appear that in the past using the same recipe we had generated PDF version 1.7 (Acrobat 9), the only thing that has changed since is the version of Jsreport, could it be some parametters that have changed and that I should integrate? (last file we found matching 1.7 was generated on the 2017-10-13).

I tried with other recipe and except from chrome-pdf (wich seems to output 1.3(Acrobat 4) PDF) all of them were outputing 1.4.

This do really matter, as we must aplly a certificate on our PDF after outputing them and now are getting a "No LTV enabled ..." warning.

Any idea as of were I could look ? (I have been on official wkhtmltopdf documentation, but didn't manage to find a clear answer from there)

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

• administrators

hi @MI53RE19 as far as i can remember (and verified with git commits in jsreport-wkhtmltopdf recipe) we have not changed anything in wkhtmltopdf recipe, so i'm not sure what could be causing different acrobat version for your pdf files.

what is the version that you were migrating from? and what is the new one? latest?

if you go back to previous version of jsreport, does it generate your expected pdf version again?

if it helps in something i think you can put a console.log here https://github.com/jsreport/jsreport-wkhtmltopdf/blob/master/lib/wkhtmltopdf.js#L204 and compare the params between the two versions

• Hi @bjrmatos , sorry for the late answer. I think we were at version 1.8.x (no trace of which version) arround that time, now we're using 1.9.2
    I will try to check with previous versions of jsreport, using what you gave me, and let you know then if I find something.

Thanks again for your time!

• Hi, aas promised I'm back with something, unfortunately for me it seems that it had nothing to do with Jsreport, the file version seems to have been modified by a third party software and I presume this is related to our tool that we use to sign documents as a signature on a PDF cannot be 'LTV compatible' if the PDF is not at least in 1.7 (using acrobat the document was 1.7 but using pdfinfo from Poppler told me it was in 1.4).

Sorry again for the disturb, will keep looking on that matter on my side then, anyway thanks, and I can't wait to test Jsreport 2!

• administrators

thanks @MI53RE19 for the details! hope you can solve the problem. and we can't wait to release v2 😀

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.