Error because of folder shortId

• Hi,
    On my production box, I see this error -- unable to find entity with shortid xxxxxxx

I found four templates with the same folder shortid --- Is that cause of error. How to decipher the error and resolve the error. Pl see the attached screenshot.

![alt text](0_1569005616557_errorReporting.jpg image url)

• administrators

hi! are you using the fs store? is there any way you can share with me a zip file of your data folder? i would like to replicate this issue in my machine and check what can be the reason you get this error

• I have cleaned up the folder by removing folderId from config files

• administrators

hmm ok, can you share how this happened? does it just broke after some update? if it happens again please consider saving a copy of the folder so we can replicate the problem.

I found four templates with the same folder shortid

actually this does not looks wrong, if you have four templates with same folder.shortid then it means that they have the same parent, the weird part would be if you find folders sharing the same shortid.

anyway let us know if you find this problem again, and remember to save the data folder somewhere

• We are seeing this same issue. Docker image: jsreport/jsreport:2.6.1-full..we recently upgraded to that from a significantly older version: jsreport/jsreport:2.0.0-full
    Can you confirm how we can clean up/fix this?
    Our error is with shortId A05ha9, although I think I've seen this with other ids as well.
    grep -r A05ha9 ./
    .//data/assets/config.json: "shortid": "A05ha9",
    .//data/assets/global helpers.js/config.json: "shortid": "A05ha9"

Thanks,
    Darren

• administrators

are you able to replicate the issue every time you upgrade the jsreport? i mean, if you go back to your previous jsreport/jsreport:2.0.0-full image with the same data folder that you have at that time, and then try to upgrade to jsreport/jsreport:2.6.1-full, does the issue continues to happen every time? if this is something you can reproduce every time you try to migrate from jsreport/jsreport:2.0.0-full to jsreport/jsreport:2.6.1-full then best will be that you share with us the data folder that you have on jsreport/jsreport:2.0.0-full so we can inspect what is happening, since the addition of folders entities to jsreport (v2.3.0) there is a migration step that we run at jsreport startup that tries to migrate entities to folders, it can be the case that this migration is causing this issue by duplicating the shortid, however we never saw this before.

grep -r A05ha9 ./
    .//data/assets/config.json: "shortid": "A05ha9",
    .//data/assets/global helpers.js/config.json: "shortid": "A05ha9"

hmm i'm not sure that this is really printing you a duplicate, because the data/assets/global helpers.js/config.json can contain this (which is valid, not a duplicate)

{
      "folder": {
        "shortid": "A05ha9"
      }
    }

you should verify by opening the two files and checking that the top level property "shortid" does not duplicate in both files.

{
      // if there is a bug about duplicated shortid, then the two files should contain the same
      "shortid": "A05ha9"
    }

• Sorry to not respond sooner: I am not able to share the entire folder structure due to IP (intellectual property) restrictions. I'll continue to work with it and see if I can get the problem to recur: Based on your comment, I'm suspecting that maybe during the upgrade process, something was checked in using an older version of the engine, then deployed to a newer version.or something like that.

I'll work with it on Monday and try to provide an update then.

• After spending some more time on this, I think it was a matter of syching up a number of new files created by the update to 2.6.1. I didn't have all of those checked in, because I didn't realize they were part of the update. So far, things are looking better.
    Thanks

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.