Use API parameters in template using handlebars

• Hi,

I've been using JSReport for a little while now, and have stumbled upon an issue that I've not yet found an answer to.
    So, I'm using a logic file to fetch the necessary data, including parameters (in this case startDate and endDate). The parameters each has their own variable that is set from the software I use when executing the report.

What I want is to be able to in the template file, using HTML/CSS/JS, be able to in a h1-tag showcase the start- and endDate.

Is there a way to do this? As mentioned in the start, JSReport is kinda new to me and not really familiar with handlebars, etc.

Thank you, all the best.
    Matkoe

• For reference, here's an image.

I want to be able to pass the values of startDate and endDate to my template folder. The values are set from my backend software.

0_1629913666991_Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 19-46-17 FA Developer - Reports.png

• administrators

hi! this depends on the shape of what you are getting as a result of your http request, but you can update your script to instead set the data for the template in a custom way so you don't mix the data from the request with the data of your dates.

.then((result) => {
      req.data = { 
        graphqlData: result.data,
        startDate,
        endDate
      }
    })

then your template you need to access the data from the endpoint using graphqlData. as prefix

<h1>{{startDate}} - {{endDate}}</h1>
    <p>Some value: {{graphqlData.yourPropertyHere}}</p>

• Hi bjrmatos,

Thank you a lot. I checked and it worked wonders.

Thank you once again.

All the best,
    Matkoe

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.