Is it possible to create multiple docx File (serial letter)

• Hello jsreporters

I was wondering if there is an inbuilt function to create multiple word documents from a single jsreport call or if I would need to programmatically loop through all my documents I want to create and setup a single call for each individually?

I was looking through the online available documentation but didn't really found something mentioning multiple document creation.

Thanks already in advance for any help or hints.

• This can be done using jsreport script
    https://jsreport.net/learn/scripts

const jsreport = require('jsreport-proxy')

async function afterRender(req, res) { 
      for (let i = 0; i < 100; i++) {   ​
        ​const result = await jsreport.render({ template: { name: 'my another template' }, data: { } })  
        // do something with the result.content
      }    
    }

• @jan_blaha thx for the information looking into it and trying it out

Why did you require('jsreport-proxy') though? shouldn't that be require('jsreport')?

• administrators

hi, jsreport-proxy is a subset of the jsreport api specifically designed to work with the running jsreport server, it is not the same than require('jsreport') because that exports a way to create and initialize a new server, so it won't let you work with the existing running one

• @jan_blaha Is it possible to call such a script directly without an corresponding Template?

I'm asking, because I've build up my script creating several reports of TemplateB and attached that one to a TemplateA

However TemplateA is basically empty and unneccessary and only there so the script can be executed.

• @bjrmatos Ah ok I was mainly wondering because in my IDE it told me to install the module using npm but couldn't find it... so I thought it must be jsreport directly since that installation worked. I guess that warning or Info should be just ignored then.

• Is it possible to call such a script directly without an corresponding Template?

This isn't possible. You need to attach it to a template, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.