Drag and drop designer

• Is the drag and drop designer implemented yet? The last mention of it was here: https://jsreport.net/blog/upcoming-new-features.

Thanks.

• Unfortunately no, It isn't implemented. We've invested a lot of time into it but didn't reach an alfa version yet.
    We had to pause the development there and concentrate on shipping the jsreport v2.
    Now we are about to finish all of the stuff we planned and should get back to it with most of our capacities.
    However, I cannot give you any promises or ETA yet.

• The drag and drop designer would be just about amazing to offer to users.

• Hello,
    may I know whether developments related to the drag and drop designer are restarted ?
    On the other hand, is there any third party drag & drop designer which could be used to create reports while waiting for the one of jsreport to be available (I am guessing that the answer is no)?
    Thanks

• administrators

may I know whether developments related to the drag and drop designer are restarted ?

not yet, we are still concentrating our resources into building new features and improving existing ones. however, it is still in our roadmap just that we need to get to that phase in which we think that we are ready to commit all for it again.

On the other hand, is there any third party drag & drop designer which could be used to create reports while waiting for the one of jsreport to be available (I am guessing that the answer is no)?

i'm not aware of a solution that integrates deeply with jsreport (which is what we want), but there are many html designers (like this one) out there if you are just interested in just html generation using drag & drop, maybe this can be handy for you in the mean time

• Our company is evaluating jsreport for integration into our SaaS-based infrastructure monitoring tool. The #1 request we get from customers is a WYSIWYG editor for report creation. Are there any updates to offering this functionality in jsreport? Our company may even be willing to help fund this effort if it can be prioritized.

• Hello. I'd also like to echo @cbeible. You guys are doing great things with jsreport, but not having a drag and drop editor for power users (non-developers) is a pain point. Getting this to the top of the to-do list would be great. I don't want to be pushy, but this has been "on the books" for years now. Would love to see this come into reality.

• We're also interested in a built-in WYSIWYG HTML editor.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.