Error when clicking Commit

• I am not sure how i am supposed to debug or fix this error. All i did is click Commit. I am using AWS as the fs backend if that makes any difference. This used to work at one time when i was testing.

https://***********/api/version-control/local-changes, details: Error: Error while executing version control commit. value.split is not a function
    at module.exports (/app/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/util/createError.js:11:13)
    at Reporter.createError (/app/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/reporter.js:332:12)
    at Object.commit (/app/node_modules/jsreport-version-control/lib/versionControl.js:255:24)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async Object.localChanges (/app/node_modules/jsreport-version-control/lib/versionControl.js:130:23)
    caused by: TypeError: value.split is not a function
    at Diff.lineDiff.tokenize (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/diff/line.js:19:32)
    at Diff.diff (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/diff/base.js:36:39)
    at diffLines (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/diff/line.js:44:19)
    at structuredPatch (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/patch/create.js:20:83)
    at createTwoFilesPatch (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/patch/create.js:126:14)
    at Object.createPatch (/app/node_modules/diff/lib/patch/create.js:146:10)
    at /app/node_modules/jsreport-version-control/lib/patches.js:118:21
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at createPatch (/app/node_modules/jsreport-version-control/lib/patches.js:81:69)
    at /app/node_modules/jsreport-version-control/lib/scriptCommitProcessing.js:41:36
    at bound (domain.js:426:14)
    at runBound (domain.js:439:12)
    at tryCatcher (/app/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
    at Object.gotValue (/app/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/reduce.js:157:18)
    at Object.gotAccum (/app/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/reduce.js:144:25)
    at bound (domain.js:426:14)

• administrators

hi! we will like to reproduce the error, and for this, we need to have the same workspace you have, are you using the latest report (2.9.0)? can you share an export zip with the entities you have? that will help to reproduce the problem and finding a fix for it.

thanks

• Would be happy to. Is there somewhere i can send this zip? I don't want to post it publicly.

• administrators

sure, you can share it privately at bjrmatos@gmail.com

• administrators

the issue was related to our serializator not being able to handle (parse correctly) empty buffers. the fix was done here. we will include this fix in the next release, thanks for the bug report.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.