JSReport 2.11 not "killed" when express.inputRequestLimit breached

• Occationally JSReport can't cope with our reports. We have probably had at least one automatic restart of our Amazon Fargate container per month. But today, there was no restart. JSReport seemed fine, but it had stopped working on our report requests.

Normally when this happens, the service is restarted and all is fine afterwards. The only difference I can think of is that we upgraded from 2.10 to 2.11 a couple of months ago.

I collect the json we use for report rendering in a log, so I was able to use the exact same json as the failed report in my dev environment. I got a popup telling me that the data was to large and I need to change inputRequestLimit.

I'm suspecting that this popup is "showing" in my production container and prevents the service to be restared. Could this be the case?

Actually, I'm not sure if we have had this "too large dataset" problem before. How is the server supposed to react to this? I would at least need to get back an error to my client (the client is another Fargate container which works the report queue)

//Michael

• I'm suspecting that this popup is "showing" in my production container and prevents the service to be restared. Could this be the case?

Actually, I'm not sure if we have had this "too large dataset" problem before. How is the server supposed to react to this? I would at least need to get back an error to my client (the client is another Fargate container which works the report queue)

This is part of the validation of the request. If the request is too large, the server responds to the client with an error status code 413 and the error is logged. This doesn't cause the app to crash which could initiate a restart.

• Thanks.
    I'm taking care of the error codes at my client, so I'm sure that I didn't get one.

Quite worrysome that a container can hang without ECS discovers this and kills the container.

I have never seen this behaviour before. Maybe (hopefully) I won't see it again. I cannot recreate it, so I'll drop this.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.