Version 4.4.0 crashes where 4.3.1 works fine

• After upgrading from 4.3.1 to 4.4.0 my cover page report crashes. One main difference from other reports is that the cover page has zero margins, both vertically and horizontally.

To ensure that this is just a version difference I have rebuilt my local docker image and re-rendered the report. The only difference between the two builds is the version number in the Dockerfile.

Occationally I can render the report on 4.4.0, but it mostly crashes.

As of now I cannot move to 4.4.0.

This is how the report should look. Has been working fine from v2 to v4.3.1
    0_1716983841840_upload-9d9d78ab-ef23-4490-9a74-3ddbc1b67616

After upgrading to 4.4.0 and running the exact same report I'm getting this:

Page crashed!
    Error: Page crashed!
        at #onTargetCrashed (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/puppeteer/cdp/Page.js:403:50)
        at /app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/third_party/mitt/mitt.js:62:7
        at Array.map ()
        at Object.emit (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/third_party/mitt/mitt.js:61:20)
        at CdpCDPSession.emit (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/puppeteer/common/EventEmitter.js:83:23)
        at CdpCDPSession._onMessage (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/puppeteer/cdp/CDPSession.js:82:18)
        at Connection.onMessage (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/puppeteer/cdp/Connection.js:141:25)
        at Immediate. (/app/node_modules/puppeteer-core/lib/cjs/puppeteer/node/NodeWebSocketTransport.js:43:36)
        at process.processImmediate (node:internal/timers:476:21)

Here is a screenshot of the console logs just before the crash:
    0_1716983941628_upload-9c066ae4-a50c-44a0-a179-a86610c1e649

• This looks like the new Chrome version has changed the behavior on some specific style rendering.
    Unfortunately, we have no control over this. We must always update Chrome as a part of the release because of security reports.

You can build your image with the exact Chrome version for more deterministic performance.

• Today I got a message from a SaaS company which I use for book keeping. They said that they had problems creating reports due to the last Chrome version.

I reached out to their developers to get more insight. They said that they had found the problem and had a dialogue with Google, hoping for a patch soon.

If this is the same problem it might be fixed soon. I'll report back here when I know more.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.