Chrome-pdf headers and footers content and render speed

• Greetings!

Two issues.

One, I'm looking for a way to add and control headers and footers in chrome pdfs. I can see that clicking the 'display header/footer' will display them but now I want to control the content in them. How do I do that?

Two, I'm trying to make the rendering of pdf headers via pdf-utils faster. Without a pdf header, my report takes around 2 seconds to render but as soon as I add the header, it jumps to 9 seconds. I have played with the configuration settings, such as tasks.numberOfWorkers to a higher value but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. How else can I improve performance on the render?

Thanks!

• administrators

hi!

Two issues.
    One, I'm looking for a way to add and control headers and footers in chrome pdfs. I can see that clicking the 'display header/footer' will display them but now I want to control the content in them. How do I do that?

content of chrome headers and footers will be part of next major release which should be released today, so wait for the official v2 release blog post and then you will be able to control header/footer in chrome.

Two, I'm trying to make the rendering of pdf headers via pdf-utils faster. Without a pdf header, my report takes around 2 seconds to render but as soon as I add the header, it jumps to 9 seconds. I have played with the configuration settings, such as tasks.numberOfWorkers to a higher value but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. How else can I improve performance on the render?

that question is tricky to answer because i don't know the exact details of the case you are trying, i don't know how your template looks like, or how much data do you have, or how looks the template that you are using for the pdf-utils operations, but in general the more pages that your report produce then pdf-utils will take more time to finish because it render new content per each page and then combine it to the final pdf, this is something that was key by design because it unlocks other possibilities that are not possible with native chrome header/footer, usually the native header/footer is very basic and won't let you handle complex header/footer, so using pdf-utils is a trade-off. maybe for your case you don't need such rich features of pdf-utils and you just need native header/footer, if that is true then you just need to wait a bit more to try it.

• Thanks for the response! Really looking forward to the new release!

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.