Assets in jsreport 2.1.0

• As I understand it, support for paths in {#asset} was introduced in 2.3.0. Does that mean the only way to use a resource is by pasting it into an asset created in the web client? Can I reference a file in any other way?

• administrators

yes, support for entity paths has been added in 2.3.0 along with folder entities support. note that entity path means just the hierarchy formed by folder + rest of entities.. for example if you create a folder, then inside the folder put an asset there, you can reference that asset with its entity path, which will be /[folder name]/[asset name].

if you just want to reference a file from your filesystem then you should be able to follow these instructions and pass a path to your filesystem to the asset call, it should work too

• How is that configuration handled in an MVC controller using Local Reporting?

• Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to just update the jsreport server to latest for now.

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.