Newly built jsreport will not start (centos)

• Hello Everyone

I am a sysadmin who inherited a jsreport service when someone left the company. Its old and started giving SIGABRT errors which killed it. As part of the troubleshooting, I performed a new install of jsreport using the steps detailed at https://jsreport.net/learn/centos

No errors occured. I chose to use the filesystem as store for my logs and templates, but when I try to start jsreport, I get the error (which seems to be related to blob storage):
    [root@xxxxxxxxx jsreportapp]# jsreport start
    An error has occurred when trying to initialize jsreport (2). options contain values that does not match the defined base root schema. schema validation errors: rootOptions.blobStorage should be object (1).
    caused by error (2) -> stack = Error:
    at instance.init.then.catch (/opt/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-cli/lib/instanceHandler.js:31:29)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:695:11)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:191:16)
    at bootstrap_node.js:612:3
    caused by error (1) -> stack = Error:
    at Reporter._initOptions (/opt/jsreportapp/node_modules/jsreport-core/lib/reporter.js:307:13)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:695:11)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:191:16)
    at bootstrap_node.js:612:3

This is the config section dealing with storage generated by running "jsreport configure" :
    "httpPort": 5488,
    "store": {
    "provider": "fs"
    },
    "blobStorage": {
    "provider": "fs"
    },

What could be the issue? Any pointers would be appreciated. Please assume I know very little (i.e. small words with slow typing please ;) )

Thank you

• administrators

hi! is this a fresh installation? i mean, have you copied some configuration file from your previous project? this seems to be a problem of loading old configuration when jsreport v2 tries to start. is jsreport.config.json the name of your config file? can you show here the full logs that you get when starting jsreport (from the first line to the error you are seeing)?

• Hi
    The installation is fresh, but there was an older version installed before. It seems some stuff was installed globally for the previous version. This may make you correct regarding it reading old configs. I resolved a mismatch by doing a reinstall via npm for the global and local (working dir project) versions. Both are now jsreport 2.0.5. This seems to have taken me past the earlier problem. Thank you :)

Although it may be moot, the startup was not saying which config it was reading (the section I pasted was from the 'start' command being issued until the output halted).

When I went to run 'jsreport start' outside the project dir, it would default to dev.config.json. Once the versions were matched, running 'jsreport start' now reads the jsreport.config.json file. Joy!

I now need to find out why I an getting a recurring/looping
    "info: fs store is loading data
    debug: fs store sync is triggering reload, because /opt/jsreportapp/data/settings was changed by other process"

Perhaps a reboot is a good idea right now to clear our whatever cobwebs might be in temp or memory.

Thanks for the getting back to me! Its much appreciated... :)

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.