Error while running latest versions of jsreport and electron

• Hi,

I had installed the latest versions of jsreport and electron through npm. While executing the program I am getting an error as jsreport requires to have installed a nodejs version of at least >=8.9 but you have installed version 7.9.0. please update your nodejs version and try again, but I have installed nodejs 8.10.

Can anyone help me how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Bala

• administrators

hi!, is your demo project (https://github.com/bala10/electron-jsreport) updated to reflect your latest changes (to make your electron app to compile)? if not, can you please updated it? let me know what commands/steps you use to build and start your app, so i can quickly try it on my machine.

• @bjrmatos yeah, I had updated to reflect the latest changes, and the steps are been updated in the README.md file of the repository. Please review and fix the issue.

• @bjrmatos will you please give me some update on this.

• administrators

hi @bala10 sorry for the long wait. i had other tasks and it was hard to get back to your problem.

i checked your repository and i was able to make it work, i needed to update your config and some of your code (just tiny details) and fix a bug with jsreport-fs-store (the bug fix is part of jsreport-fs-store 2.1.2) that was causing some module to not work when used with electron.

0_1529610207661_Captura de pantalla 2018-06-21 a las 2.42.53 p.m..png

i never saw the error that you originally mentioned jsreport requires to have installed a nodejs version of at least >=8.9 but you have installed version 7.9.0. please update your nodejs version and try again. i was using node 8.9.4.

i've sent a PR to your repository with the changes, hopefully it will work for you now.

i've not tried the build with electron-builder because i did not have the time, but if you have some issue let me know

• Thanks @bjrmatos ..... Yes now it's working fine.....

But still having issue while building the application. I am getting the following error while building the application itself:

`Error: Exit code: 1026. Command failed: C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Local\electron-builder\cache\wix\wix-4.0.0.5512.2\candle.exe -arch x64 -dappDir=D:\a\dist\win-unpacked -pedantic -wx project.wxs
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(57) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGk', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(58) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGFzeW5j', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(59) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGFzeW5jXGxpYg', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are
    72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(60) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcYmlu', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(63) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXG1z', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(64) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGRlYnVn', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters
    long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(65) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGRlYnVnXHNyYw', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(66) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZTZcbGli', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(67) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbGli', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(68) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzI', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(69) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcc3dpZnRzaGFkZXI', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(70) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcbG9jYWxlcw', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(71) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcTUVJUHJlbG9hZA', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.

WiX Toolset Compiler version 4.0.0.5512
    Copyright (c) .NET Foundation and contributors. All rights reserved.

D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs

D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(57) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGk', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(58) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGFzeW5j', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(59) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGFzeW5jXGxpYg', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are
    72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(60) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1x3aW5zZXItd2l0aC1hcGlcYmlu', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(63) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXG1z', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(64) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGRlYnVn', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters
    long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(65) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZV9tb2R1bGVzXGRlYnVnXHNyYw', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(66) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbm9kZTZcbGli', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(67) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcbGli', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(68) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzI', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(69) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcc3dpZnRzaGFkZXI', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(70) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcbG9jYWxlcw', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.
    D:\a\dist__msi-x64\project.wxs(71) : error CNDL1026 : The Directory/@Id attribute's value, 'dcmVzb3VyY2VzXGFwcC5hc2FyLnVucGFja2VkXG5vZGVfbW9kdWxlc1xwdXBwZXRlZXJcLmxvY2FsLWNocm9taXVtXHdpbjY0LTU1NTY2OFxjaHJvbWUtd2luMzJcTUVJUHJlbG9hZA', is too long for an identifier. Standard identifiers are 72 characters long or less.

at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\builder-util\src\util.ts:125:16
    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:282:5)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)

From previous event:
    at MsiTarget.build (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\targets\MsiTarget.ts:42:44)
    at Function.buildAsyncTargets (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\platformPackager.ts:144:36)
    at WinPackager.packageInDistributableFormat (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\platformPackager.ts:123:24)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\platformPackager.ts:118:10
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at runCallback (timers.js:810:20)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:768:5)
    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:745:5)
    From previous event:
    at WinPackager.pack (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\platformPackager.ts:115:95)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:373:24
    at xfs.stat (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\mkdirs\mkdirs.js:56:16)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:287:18
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:153:5)
    From previous event:
    at Packager.doBuild (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:341:39)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:317:52
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:99:16
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:43:10
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:135:15)
    From previous event:
    at Packager._build (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:294:133)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:290:23
    at runCallback (timers.js:810:20)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:768:5)
    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:745:5)
    From previous event:
    at Packager.build (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\packager.ts:248:14)
    at C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\src\index.ts:51:40
    From previous event:
    at build (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\node_modules\electron-builder-lib\out\index.js:220:17)
    at build (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\src\builder.ts:234:10)
    at then (C:\Users\balasubramani\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\electron-builder\src\cli\cli.ts:46:19)
    at <anonymous>`

Due to this error I was confused where the issue might, so I just built another app with only electron and jsreport was not included into that, that builds fine and that also works good. But if I integrate jsreport with electron and try to build I am ending with this error.

I had made a minor change in my repository so please use the updated one to check that and please let me know where the issue is.

• administrators

hi @bala10 hmm i'm afraid i have no clue what can be the issue, the error thrown is not clear. when i build on my machine i don't see this error, it builds fine but the compiled app can not start for some reason. i will try to investigate in the next days but if you find something first let me know

• Sure @bjrmatos ...... Will update you once I found the solution for that.

• @bjrmatos I tried all the way that are possible from my side but I am not able to figure it out where the issue is..... So please check and share me how to integrate and build the electron application and jsreport.

• @bjrmatos I'm just running out of time to start my project, If you confirms me whether it can be fixed, then I'm glad to purchase jsreport.

• administrators

hi @bala10 i did not focus on making the compile of electron work because i think it will take me a lot of time to investigate why it can not compile, as you can see the errors produced by electron are not clear at all so it will require some or a lot of debugging to know the real problem with electron.

let's continue the conversation in email

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.