Memory Usage

• Hi, I have an application pod containing the Jsreport service (in GCP) and I am using it to generate reports through my platform. For a long time now, I have been experiencing constant pod restarts due to lack of memory. In my production environment, I have version 3.8, but in my test environment, I already have version 4.3.1 and I continue to have the same behavior. Whenever I generate a report, the memory usage increases and never goes back down.
    What can I do? I need help because it is becoming unfeasible to have the pod constantly restarting.

• We aren't aware of memory leaks in the recent version. You will need to isolate the problem.

Try to run the same report, locally, in a loop one by one, and with limited memory.
    You can limit the memory when running docker or when running plain nodejs with max-old-space-size flag.
    Does such a test fail on OOM?
    If yes, please share with us the config and workspace so we can replicate the issue.

• This is my case, when I start a pod with jsreport I have these statistics. Here I have 505 MB of free memory
    0_1716559133673_upload-1a85d1e7-f571-49af-972b-51cee8baca03

After running the first report (I use the invoice pdf https://playground.jsreport.net/w/admin/hBfqC7af). My free memory decreases as shown in a message:
    0_1716559156680_upload-61255601-476e-4193-975a-f82d35c41cdf

The memory after sending the same report (second time):
    0_1716559165132_upload-c2477a4e-85d0-4ad5-94f5-7efbbad40001

After 15 minutes of rendering the report, I have this result:

0_1716559169978_upload-4941fc8b-a68c-4d80-a0e3-5cc96bdac385
    The chrome command is never cleared. All my reports use Chrome PDF.

• I haven't had time to investigate this, but I actually have been seeing more server crashes due to low memory lately. I'm rendering some huge reports, so I thought I had some bugs or something. I'll be following this thread if anything comes up that I should test.

Last week my JSReport 4.3 docker container at Fargate restarted two times due to low memory, which is quite rare.

• jsreport by default reuses chrome instances
    https://jsreport.net/learn/chrome-pdf#chrome-process-allocation

The nodejs is garbage collected runtime. It will clear the memory when it "gets the mood".
    To test the memory leaking, give the pod or container limited memory like I recommended, and then test in the loop.

I've tried now the leak test and I don't see it would be getting out of bounds.

Start jsreport with just 300mb

docker run -p 5488:5488 -d -m=300m jsreport/jsreport:4.4.0

Then render 10 000 pdfs => no OOM.
    I'm not saying there is no memory leak, but we will need to deterministically replicate it to be able to localize it.

const client = require('@jsreport/nodejs-client')('http://localhost:5488')

async function runOne () {
        const r = await client.render({
            template: {
                name: 'invoice-main'
            },
            data: {
                "number": "123",
                "seller": {
                    "name": "Next Step Webs, Inc.",
                    "road": "12345 Sunny Road",
                    "country": "Sunnyville, TX 12345"
                },
                "buyer": {
                    "name": "Acme Corp.",
                    "road": "16 Johnson Road",
                    "country": "Paris, France 8060"
                },
                "items": [{
                    "name": "Website design",
                    "price": 300
                }]
            }
        })
        return r.body()
    }

async function runMany() {
        for (let i = 0; i < 2000; i++) {
            console.log(i * 5)
            await Promise.allSettled([runOne(),runOne(),runOne(),runOne(),runOne()])
        }
    }

runMany().then(() => console.log('done')).catch(console.error)

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.