Azure SAS Url Images render in HTML & Phantom-PDF, but not Chrome-PDF
Here is a fiddle with a couple of bound image urls:
The urls are from images in an Azure blob container with the embedded SAS security. They render fine in HTML always. Most of the time in Phantom-PDF recipe, but consistently won't with Chrome-PDF.
It's consistently the same url, position in the template doesn't seem to matter. If it's not bound from json, they both work, even in Chrome PDF.
I'm not sure what to try next to debug this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Dang, I lied. It doesn't work in src directly either! I had the wrong image link. New fiddle showing that:
i have checked that indeed this is a bug in chrome pdf recipe, we will try to fix it. thanks for reporting.
if possible, please keep the images public so we can test the solutions against the problematic images.
you can follow the progress of the solution here
Great, thanks bjrmatos! I set those images to be public for a year, so we should be good there.
I looked at the issue, and tried to use unecoded urls and it seemed to be the same:
Though, they may get encoded again after the binding resolution.
the real issue is more about how we are loading the page (because the method we are using to load the page, chrome still encodes the characters internally). for now it will always fail in playground because of thath, no matter if you change the links.
so let's see if we can fix this in the following days, we just need to discuss it internally.
Makes sense. Thanks! And, let me know if you need anything.