HighCharts Example

• Hi
    Do you have an actual Highcharts example working with chrome-pdf?
    If I search or follow links to the playground it seems I don't have access.
    Thank you

• administrators

here you have an example of Highcharts using chrome-pdf https://playground.jsreport.net/w/bjrmatos/XM6EwK4d

• Thank you for the example.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, my question seems to fit well here.

I'm new to jsreport and also quite new to html. I wonder if jQuery and highchart is (still) a good way to render charts. Or are there other solutions that you'd recommend? Is there for example any good charting libs that could be used in a more javascript:y way (i.e with js helpers and require).

N.B. I realise that this might be a really stupid question, but as a html newbie I need to be pushed in the right direction. The big question is, should I learn jQuery + highchart if I need charts in my reports?

Also, is it a vlid/stable solution to source the scripts (highchart and jQuery) from remote sites, or would it be safer to host them locally at the jsreport server?

• administrators

N.B. I realise that this might be a really stupid question, but as a html newbie I need to be pushed in the right direction. The big question is, should I learn jQuery + highchart if I need charts in my reports?

hi! i think you don't need to learn jQuery for doing a chart, probably the Highcharts example that we are sharing uses jQuery because that example was created long time ago and we never update it (because probably Highcharts can be used without jQuery just normally). with that said what you really need to learn is how to use a chart library, it can be highcharts or anything else. personally i like Chart.js but it really depends on your needs.

Or are there other solutions that you'd recommend? Is there for example any good charting libs that could be used in a more javascript:y way (i.e with js helpers and require)

all charts library that you will find will require to be run in browser context (client side js), so you won't be able to use require for importing a module or something like that, however helpers can be used to generate the code needed to run the chart, but at that point i will probably just put the code to prepare the chart in the page directly (inside an html script tag).

Also, is it a vlid/stable solution to source the scripts (highchart and jQuery) from remote sites, or would it be safer to host them locally at the jsreport server?

yes, it is safer to host them locally, what i would do is downloading it and use it like an asset. we just use the remote servers for convenience in the examples

Looks like your connection to jsreport forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.